1. Default NY to Naples,Fl..MOTEL ADVICE

Hello.. i have posted at this forum in years past, but have not looked up my old posts concerning the trip.. i think i know the road trip itself ..

my question is that i plan to go in early April to South West Florida..specifically Naples.

i did a google search for motels near where i will be doing some work, and i found about five.

Where does one go to find reviews of the different Motels one might find in any given area?

I have searched and searched the internet and done some searches here.

Just need Motels and just need one area ( the rest of my lodging is ok)

thanks
    alice

There are sites where you can find customer reviews, such as Tripadvisor, Expedia and Motels.com. For reviews, I tend to use Tripadvisor the most.

I use hotels.com to get a list of hotels with prices in any one area, read the reviews, then look at tripadvisor reviews to look for consistency.

4. Default

thank you to all who took the time to respond.. I mentironed MOTELS and not HOTELS.. There seems to be a difference on the forums you mentioned.. I usually use trip advisor also..Either there are no motels around Naples Florida, which i doubt, or people do not review motels..

i will try Motels.com.. never tried that.

thank you
    alice

The distinction between hotels and motels is very vague these days. What are YOUR definitions?

Default Look Again

I just checked both motels.com and hotels.com and had no trouble whatsoever finding listings for most, if not all, of the major motel chains including Best Western, Comfort Inn, Ramada, Red Roof, La Quinta, Quality Inns, Holiday Inn, and Super 8.

AZBuck

Quote Originally Posted by alicemagooeys View Post
    thank you to all who took the time to respond.. I mentironed MOTELS and not HOTELS.. There seems to be a difference on the forums you mentioned.. I usually use trip advisor also..Either there are no motels around Naples Florida, which i doubt, or people do not review motels..
    I've got to say I'm truely baffled by your statement.

I just did a quick look and found no short of 2 dozen motels listed on trip advisor for Naples. There are more resort type place than most cities because of Naples location, but there are plenty of motels that have been reviewed.

The fact that you are making such a big distinction between hotels and motels makes me wonder what it is you are looking for?

8. Default So very sorry

DEAR PEOPLE, i am SO SORRY..(shouting?).. i really muddled this one up.

Thank you ALL for your kindness.

Yes, i went to trip advisor forum and found lots of hotels and motels..

what i was looking for was "mom and pop unlisted motels".
    That is why i kept asking..
    and looking at Trip advisor and here.

There is a small motel called Conteys..not sure if i can use names here.
    it is VERY small and not a chain.

i thought that by the very nature of my question, that you would discern that i did not mean the GIANT chain motels.. They abound on all the travel sites.and reviews also.

i was looking for the little ones a person might find en route.or at a destination.
    motels which only real road trippers might know about.

i found two reviews elsewhere for this particular motel..one place gave it second highest rating and one gave it second from the lowest rating ( 54th out of 56 , i think it was).

so i am going to avoid it.
    i will check it when i get there.

will let you know.
    i am not a selfish poster, all outer circumstances to the contrary.. i try to share what i can also for the benefit of all.

i have been so busy planning my trip and packing that i neglected to come back here.
    i did not realize that there was such a misunderstanding of my intentions.
    sorry !
    happy spring travel to all.and thanks again.
    alice