1. Default From Houston to the Grand Canyon and then to Denver, CO

My family and I are taking a road trip from Houston, TX to the Grand Canyon and then to Denver, CO. I am trying to find the most scenic route and ideas for places that are "must see". I'm not even sure where to start here. There are no kids coming so we are open for pretty much anything. I also need to some advise on the locations, things to do, best spots for pictures, trails, basically anything of interest. i know that there are lots of websites showing everything that you can do in each place, but i want to know from other peoples experiences what the best options are.

Tucson, AZ

Default That Really Depends...

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

...on a lot of factors you haven't told us yet such as how many days you have for the trip, and whether you'll be returning to Houston or not. If this is a round trip an you have 6 days or less, then all you'll be able to do is drive and watch the world go by your windshield.

But more importantly, there simply is no list of 'best' routes or places you 'must see'. Such choices depend on your interests, and that includes all of you. There is certainly no shortage of options in that general area, but you will have to be a bit more specific than just wanting 'anything', 'everything', and 'the best'.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default not answerable

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

If you spend a little time looking around this forum, you will find a consistent theme: There are no generic, all purpose "bests" or "must sees." The reality is that the "bests" are going to depend completely on you and your interests.

There are no shortage of possibilities for things that might fit the bill. There are dozens of national parks in this areas - and I've never found one that wasn't worth visiting - and that's certainly a starting point.

While I can understand your request of wanting personalized help, the reality is that you do first need to take a look at the many resources on this and other websites and get more of an outline of your ideal trip. Once you've got more of the basics down, then others will have a much better idea of what it is you are looking for, and be able to provide much more in the ways of specific help, alternate ideas, and other suggestions to help round out the details of your plans.