Default Two Months Around The Country

Hello,

My girlfriend Mandy and I will be driving around the continental U.S. for two months starting May 27th. While I don't necessarily have any questions at the current moment, I just wanted to drop by the forums and say hello. I have been reading posts and articles on here for months now so I figured it was time to speak with the community. If anyone has any comments or suggestions or anything of the like, we'd love to hear them.

We are VERY excited for this trip. We have both wanted to do a trip like this since High School but people are lazy and don't know how to save money. So, we decided to do it ourselves!

We look forward to hearing/speaking with you.

-Mike and Mandy
    Last edited by Midwest Michael; 03-15-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: New Members are not allowed to post off-site links

Default Here Here!

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I do want to let you know that it is a policy of this forum that posting links to personal sites is something that is earned after you shown an involvement in this community. (This policy is also stated as part of the sign up pages and the confirmation email for joining the forum)

We'd love to hear more about your trip, and we'll do our best to answer any questions you might have, but for now, you're going to have to share the details of your trip here, instead of requiring our members to leave this site to find out more about you and your trip. Once you've been here a while, then we can include a link back to your site.

Hey Michael,

I do apologize about violating the forum policy. I specifically made it thinking that it may help/inspire others on and for their trips and did not even consider the fact that I may be violating R.T.A. rules when I linked it in my post. I will do what I can to be more involved. Rules are rules and I love what this site is so I would be more than happy to oblige. Hopefully before the time of my trip, I will have the necessary status for you guys to follow us on our epic adventure (there will be a daily blog, live dash cam, etc)!

We are taking two months and driving all the way around the continental U.S. (a big circle!)

We do not have a specific schedule and we are only planning on hitting the things we want to see most and filling it in with the little stuff as time permits. We figure that will probably be the best way to manage our time. (Suggestions in this area greatly appreciated!!!)

That is a picture of the general path we are planning to go on.

We will be going to all the popular things like Mount Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, etc.

Tonight we are planning on sitting down and making our "Absolutely must see" list. Once I have that I will share it with you excellent people.

What I would love to hear about are things off the beaten path. ESPECIALLY restaurants. We (Mike and Mandy) LOVE food and plan to hit every good restaurant we can. That includes everything we can manage from Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

And thank you for the welcome!! :-D

Another thing I forgot to mention:

We are currently planning to start by going east (we live in Chicago). The only reason I figured this is because I'm thinking the west coast will be HOT HOT HOT come the end of July. Let me know what you guys think.

A few restaurant suggestions:

Amarillo TX - Big Texan
    Durango and Loveland CO - Serious Texas BBQ
    Lee Vining CA - Whoa Nellie's Deli
    Cameron AZ - Cameron Trading Post (Navajo Taco)
    Dillon MT - Sparky's Garage

Great! Thanks!