Thread: Help please!

1. Default Help please!

Hi all,

i am planning a 5 week trip through the USA and the southern trip is very similar to this trip.. Should we plan on booking accommodation or will you book on the day ?

Do you know how I can post my trip so I can receive some much needed feedback?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Last edited by Southwest Dave; 03-13-2011 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Moved to own dedicated thread.

Default Thread started.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Do you know how I can post my trip so I can receive some much needed feedback?
    As you can see, I have started a new thread for you. If you lay out the details of your trip, such as when you are travelling, for how long and the places you wish to visit along with any questions you may have, we can help fill in the blanks and perhaps make some other suggestions.

Should we plan on booking accommodation or will you book on the day ?
    This is a personal choice, some people like to 'wing it' and leave their plans open to change and others prefer to know where their bed is for the night. I tend to do a mixture of both, booking popular spots [such as National parks] that might book up and leave parts 'in between' open to change. For me it works, as it helps to keep me on track to see the things I really want to see with the time I have available. You will almost certainly always find a room somewhere.

Default What your comfortable with

For me, booking reservations is something I do when I know I'm going to be in a particular area at a particular time and I think the place would be less likely to have an open spot - say a national park in the summertime. This does have the effect of narrowing the focus of that portion of a trip to areas where I'd be able to make it to my reservation destination.

Leaving caution to the wind and hoping for a room upon arrival somewhere is my approach when I'm on a trip (or a portion of a trip) with no set itinerary and no concrete planned route. It allows for more exploration and has resulted in several great finds, and I highly recommend it for anyone who is comfortable enough with not having complete control over every aspect of their trip.