1. Default First time road trip from Co to Ca

Hi guys, my girlfriend and I live in Denver, and planning to take a road trip to California this summer when we get done with school. We only have tow weeks starting from the 14th of May, so we want to spend them somewhere else other than Denver especially that our anniversary is going to be during that time. We like trying new things, adventures, beach.. etc.
    Our major destinations are Los Angeles, San Diego, San Fransisco, and Las Vegas. I do not know if time would be an issue. I am looking for some advices and tips to help me plan this trip. I would be so thankful if anyone helps me with the routes since it is going to be my first road trip.
    I will be traveling by a sedan 6 cyl car.

Thank you.

South of England.

Default All City ?

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

By creating a loop from Denver to San Diego via Vegas and up to San Fran via LA is approximately 6 full day's of driving, so with a couple of days in each City your time is spent. You will need to work out how long you want to spend at each destination and if you want a 'City only' break. You have some amazing scenery and National parks between Denver and the coast, such as the Grand canyon or the parks of Southern Utah like Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce canyon and Zion. You could also spend a couple of days on the very scenic coastal drive on CA1 between LA and San Fran. You can do your trip either way around and if you wanted to drive the coast, heading South would mean the Ocean would be on your side of the road. Heading through Yosemite across the Sierra Nevada on CA120 [Tioga pass] would be a popular choice, but there is a good chance the mountain passes will still be closed at the time you travel. That means you could head to the coast and San Fran via I80 and Reno and from SD to Las Vegas and back towards I 70, perhaps via I 40 to Grand canyon and through Monument valley to Moab.

Have a search around the forums and take a look at the Map centre where you can create routes and find attractions and figure out how you want to spend your time, then we can help 'fine tune' your trip and fill in the blanks.

3. Default

I'm planning almost the same trip so I'll just piggyback on this thread.

I researched a few routes for hitting the NP (GC/Zion/Bryce), but we want to hit Cali first and whatever time we have left we can recalibrate and spend it in the parks. So my question is what would be a good route to get from Denver (we plan on stopping in Moab 1st), so really Moab to SF. Would anyone recommend the Hwy 50 route? "The Loneliest Road in America".

Seems like a long drive with not much but I've never been there so have no real idea. Might be a good time to do some night driving? We have bikes and stuff i'd imagine they have some trails to get some exercise? Should we just drive to vegas and loop from there? We were thinking just hit all that area on the way back, trying to have different routes there and back.

I'd imagine this was covered so any links would be great, I searched but hard to pinpoint what i need.

4. Default

I found this article from this site.

pretty much the info i was looking for, but if anyone else wants to chime in thanks.