1. Default Summer RV road trip Denver to Vegas including Yellowstone

My family and I are planning a 2 week RV trip from June 24th thru July 8th. We have two adults and two boys...ages 11 and 8. Our current route is as follows but looking for suggestions/comments:

Fly to Denver, pick up RV head to Estes Park
    Estes Park to Cody, WY (b/c all little boys should go to a live rodeo... :)
    Cody, WY to Yellowstone (for a few days)
    Yellowstone to Moab/Arches
    Moab to Lake Powell
    Lake Powell to Grand Canyon (for a few days)
    Grand Canyon to Hoover Dam
    Hoover Dam to Vegas (just an overnighter)

Head back to Indy from Vegas.

Does it sound to crammed?? I took a trip similar to this as a kid and remember many of the details. Trying to show my boys some of this beautiful country!

Thanks for any input you have.

South of England.

Default The balance.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Parts of your journey do look too rushed to be relaxed, particularly when driving an RV. For instance, at the start of your trip you want to fly into Denver, get from the airport to the RV centre and get to Estes park and next day have a very full day's drive to Cody. From landing at Denver it would not surprise me at all if it were to take 3 to 4 hours before being on the road in your RV, followed the day after with a 10 hour drive with no time in Rocky mountain NP.
    From Yellowstone to Moab is a little further than I would want to experience in an RV in a day, and again next day you have about 6 hours of travel to Lake Powell, leaving little time in Arches.

I think your trip is doable, but rather than 'a few day's' in Yellowstone and Grand canyon, a couple in each might be better and balance the rest of your time a little better. I would spend a day in RMNP to get into 'Holiday mode' and then head for Cody on day 3. Days 4 and 5 and 6 to/in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. Day 7 to Arches [maybe an overnight stop on route. Day 8 Arches [possibly Canyonlands] and to Lake Powell day 9. Day 10 around Lake Powell and to Grand canyon for days 11 and 12 and back to Vegas day 13 for flight home on final day.

Of course it is up to you how you want to 'juggle' your time, but it's something to consider. You could save a little drive time by 'swapping' Arches for Zion NP and possibly Bryce canyon.

If you are planning on camping in the National parks, I would look into it straight away, although I fear it may already be too late for bookings.