Hi - I know this is a popular topic but here we go again. We are from Australia with three boys (4yo, 3yo twins) and are contemplating a road trip from SF - Yosemite - Death Valley - Vegas - GC then fly to LA from Vegas in June/July. Some questions:
1) We don't want to drive for more than five hours before staying somewhere so what do you recommend as the best route?
2) We also don't want to drive every day so want some good down time in the right places - obviously Yosemite but where else and how many days would you recommend?
3) With kids we will probably hire an RV and look for campgrounds along the way (preferrably with pools). Any suggestions?
4) Our kids are quite adventurous - is there enough to interest them on this route?
5) Could this route be done comfortably in two weeks?
Any other suggestions welcome.
Thanks so much.