amya Guest

Default SF, Napa, Tahoe, Yosemite, Carmel, Big Sur, LA, San Diego, Santa Fe, Vegas!

Hi All

So a couple of English folk are planning on doing the above route for 3 weeks from September 5th of this year. I know that there are lots of threads about similar routes but rather than read through these again and piece together bits of this thread/route and bits of that thread/route, please can all those road trip experts please give their opinions/recommendations/tips for the above route in reply to this so that we have it all in one place for reference.

By way of background, we are two 30 year olds - one boy, one girl, best friends, not a couple, like to party and have a good time, adventurous and really up for anything. In terms of accommodation, we want to stay in decent places but equally, we do not want to spend too much of our budget on lodging. We have a budget of about $6,400 per person so total $13,000 to include everything - flights, car hire, fuel, accommodation and spending money.

We thank you for your help and tips in advance.

A

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'm sorry, but what you are asking for is quite unreasonable. All of those other trips show the exact point of any roadtrip. Even on the most popular routes, like this one where there are thousands of posts on this subject, there is not one single way to do it or one single catch all list of opinions/recommendations/tips that will work for all sitautions.

If you just want someone to tell you the "perfect" way to do this trip and have it all layed out in a neat, tidy list for you, call a travel agent. If you want help on a forum like this, you'll get out of it exactly what you put into it. That means going through many of those old trips, and building an outline for the kinds of things you think you'd be interested. Then we can help you with specific advice for things that might or might not work.

amya Guest

Thanks Michael. What an unpleasant response. And what a shame. I thought I had found in this website a welcoming and positive place to help us plan the trip of a lifetime. If I wanted a travel agent, I would have called a travel agent. I did not ask for a neat and tidy list. I asked for some help, nothing more, nothing less. Let's hope the people we meet along the way on our road trip are more welcoming and have better manners than you.

Default goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by amya View Post
    I know that there are lots of threads about similar routes but rather than read through these again and piece together bits of this thread/route and bits of that thread/route, please can all those road trip experts please give their opinions/recommendations/tips for the above route in reply to this so that we have it all in one place for reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by amya View Post
    I did not ask for a neat and tidy list. I asked for some help, nothing more, nothing less.
    Let me get this straight.

First you acknowledged that there are thousands of other threads about this very trip/route, but you decided you would rather have someone put all of those posts into "one place for reference." then when you are told how and why that is impossible, you respond that "you did not ask for a neat and tidy list?"

I hope when you see those things back to back, you'll understand just how rude you've been to the people who spend countless hours helping people like you - and do not get paid for it.

I assure you if you treat others on your travels as your personal assistants rather than people who are going out of their way to help you, you will not find the "welcome" you are looking forward to anywhere in your planning, or on the road.

We wish you the best, but clearly, this is not a community that will have what you are looking for.