Thread: Help!

1. Default Help!

I've never road tripped before, and tbh i have no idea what routes there are, and i find it so confusing! It may seem silly but the places i'd love to visit are California, San Clemente, Las Vegas, Miami!

Can someone please help me? I have no idea what routes there are, and i'd just love to be informed on the best routes to take, and the costs etc! Please help!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default key word: you

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The big thing you really need to think about and remember is that a roadtrip is about one thing: You. What you want to do, what you want to see, How much time you want to spend, etc.

There is no one way to plan a roadtrip, there is no generic set of routes that will magically become a roadtrip. Its simply a matter of putting together the things that you want.

This site is filled with ideas, and I'd strongly recommend you spend some time looking around, specifically at the many articles in the planning section, like this one, that should help you get some focus and perspective in making a trip for you.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Maps

Beyond this site, you may also want to sit down with a road atlas - which can be had for around $7 at Target or Wal-Mart - and become familiar with some of the areas you are thinking of visiting. These will not give you extremely detailed information, but will present most of the major routes into and out of an area.

Looking at a map in this manner has been helpful for me in deciding what it is I want to see. It started many years ago looking at maps of the local area and then going "out there" and exploring those roads.

I don't think anyone here would consider you "silly" for wanting to visit those, or any other, places. Knowing yourself, how much time you have, where you are starting from, and what your budget is are the first places to start when planning a trip such as yours. Once you have a better grasp on what it is you are looking for, we will be glad to help.