1. Default North Dakota to Anchorage, Alaska

I would like to take a road trip to spend the summer with my adult sons whom reside in Anchorage, AK. I am traveling with my 8 year old daughter. Looking for a safe, economical, and quick and interesting route to take. I would like to make the trip in 4 to 5 days. Need suggestions on how to plan- reasonable motels, best routes, rules and regulations traveling across borders, etc.

Please help!

Single Mom In ND

Tucson, AZ

Default Not on Those Terms

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Bismark to Anchorage is 2800 miles, most of it on non-Interstate roads. That's a minimum of six days to drive. There is no "safe, economical, and quick" way to make this trip. Not only will it take about 50% more time than you've counted on, but gas, motel, and food prices all get increasingly higher as you head up through northern British Columbia and the Yukon. If you can handle a "safe, costly and slow" trip, then we may be able to offer some advice.

Joplin MO

To cross the borders, all you personally need is a passport. However, if you are traveling alone with a minor child, there are issues that need to be taken care of. Although a birth certificate is acceptable, I'd recommend you get your daughter a passport too.