Default NJ to Portland Oregon in an RV

My daughter is getting married in August in OR and Im taking the summer to arrive there. I mapped out 2800 mi. on this site, at a cost of $2000 (RT) for gasoline by today's standards. Im sure I want to go to Branson MO on the way. At this point Im just sharing but will accept any input. Thanks

Joplin MO

I think you are underestimating the miles - Philadelphia to Portland via Branson is 3150 miles. If you are going to take the whole summer to get there, I'm positive you will want to visit plenty of other places on the way, which will add even more miles.

I also think that fuel will be considerably more expensive this summer than it is now. If we are lucky it won't be too bad but the Middle East situation is not going to help. I'd use at least $4 a gallon for your planning.

TY You are absolutely right. Being my first post I quickly calculated, knowing it was very broad. Im looking forward to this so much.

Tucson, AZ

Default Other Possible Stops

Certainly I can't give you an exhaustive list of all the things there are to see and do between the east and west coasts, but a few of the larger, more popular attractions on your general route (with some tweaking) would include Shenandoah National Park, Great Smoky Mountains, Mammoth Cave, Nashville, Memphis, Rocky Mountain National Park, Yellowstone, and the Columbia River Gorge. Again, those are just the 'biggies', there are tons more that you'll have time for as you get down to brass tacks.