Jackson, Georgia, United States

Default 6600 miles in 3 weeks

I am planning a 3 week road trip in June. The route I have planned covers 6600 miles. I plan to go from Atlanta to the Gateway arch, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, Redwood National, Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood, Hoover dam, Grand Canyon, Four Corners, Carlsbad caverns, Civil rights museum in Memphis, back to Atlanta. There are 3 adults who will share the driving. I know that I will not be able to enjoy each site the way that I would like. My question for the forum is am I being too ambitious for 3 weeks? I made a schedule that looks doable with maximum 600 miles in a driving day. Wondering if I should pare down my list of sites I would like to visit. Thanks in advance for your responses!

South of England.

Default Busy, but doable.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Your trip is certainly doable, but only you can decide whether you want to cut back a bit and have more time in fewer places or keep things moving along. Your planning seems to be in the right 'frame work', in that 600 miles is about the maximum you would want to drive in a single day, and any day between 500 -600 miles will not leave time for any major sight seeing away from the main Highway', more like short rest stops along them. If you broke your trip down into 3 x 1 week segments you would have 4 days of dedicated driving and 3 days of dedicated sight seeing with other short stops 'mingled' in. It could work but if you want to stop for 2 or 3 days in places like Yellowstone and Grand canyon, time soon disappears. If it works for you and the rest of your companions feel it isn't too much, that's all that matters.