Default Idea's for a west Coast road trip.

I am wanting to plan a 2 week trip from San Antonio to DisneyLand. I have 3 kids, who have never been on a long road trip. We just got a new travel trailer, and would like to have the kids experience nice family vacations. I need ideas of places that we can stop and visit along our trip both going and coming back. My first time to post something, so hope it isn't to long. Thanks in advance.

South of England.

Default Look around for ideas.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

At this point I would take a look around the forums and trip planning pages in the tool bars above for routes and attractions. To do a round trip you will have 5 to 6 days dedicated to mainly driving plus how much time you want to spend at Disneyland, once you have that figured you can see what time you have for other attractions. It would make sense to take a different route each way, perhaps following the lines of I 10 and I40 out and back. Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands, Phoenix and Joshua tree NP are a few along the I 10 corridor and along I 40 the Grand canyon. Petrified forest, Albuquerque and possibly down through Roswell for an 'out of this world' experience the kid's might enjoy.

Make sure you include the Kid's in the planning stages and let them have an input into the planning, if they are included in the early stages the trip will be more fun and interesting for all.

When you have worked out the basics we can help fill in the blanks, enjoy the planning.