This is my first post and I have to say that I love this forum. I am trying to plan an RV trip for around 16 days in June. I will travel with my family of 4 (2 kids – 7 & 10) in a rented motorhome. The plan is roughly: LA -> Grand Canyon -> Las Vegas -> Death Valley -> Yosemite -> San Francisco -> Big Sur -> back to LA.
This is a huge trip for us and I am a little overwhelmed by the amount of information I’m missing. I need to refine some of the details and I would highly appreciate your help :) I am looking for some kids friendly places to camp along the way. More specific:
- Where to camp in between LA to Grand Canyon for a night? I would like to split this segment in 2 days.
- Any advices for a good RV park in LV beside “Oasis”?
- I need some ideas for 2 different places to camp between Las Vegas and Yosemite (via Death Valley and Tioga Pass – assuming open)? I am planning into splitting this segment in 3 separate days. What would be my options if the pass is not open?
- Where is best to camp in Yosemite (for 2-3 days)?
- What would be a good RV park close enough to SF (for staying for 3 days)?
- A good place for a night stop in between SF and LA?
- Also, how big of craziness is it to drive though Death Valley in the first half of June with a rented RV?
I realise these are many, many question, so thank you in advance for any answers!