1. Default Driving from Seattle to Fort Worth

Well, I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan and me, my wife, 6 yr old daughter, and APBT(Pitbull) are arriving in Seattle the beginning of April. I purchased a 2011 2 door Jeep Rubicon that will be waiting on me when I land. We decided to drive to Fort Worth rather than fly. I want to try and keep it to about 5 or 6 days of driving and site seeing. My route will take me through Washington, Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Oklahoma, and my home state of Texas. I only want to do site seeing in Washington, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. Are there any suggestions or specific routes to take? I'm excited to drive through these states and maybe do a little offroading or just get off the beaten path. Any help will be much appreciated.

South of England.

Default A lot of options.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

With your family and dog on board it really is a minimum of a 4 day drive, so with 5 or 6 you could make it a comfortable ride without straying to far off route. As Yellowstone is still pretty much snowbound at this time of year you could consider I84 to Salt lake City and through Utah and Colorado into New Mexico. There are some great National parks and driving roads to be found through the area such as Arches and Canyonlands near to Moab, which also has some off road trails around and about.

There are many different routes you could 'pick up' on the way, so for now I think you would be best off looking around the forums and taking a look at the Map centre where you can create routes and find attractions along them. Once you have a couple of dots on the map to create a 'path' then we can help to fill in the blanks.