1. Default Houston to Vegas; Ideas for itinerary please....

Hello all,

My wife and I are from the UK and are looking at taking a road trip in the summer (duration 3 or 4 weeks) travelling between Houston and Vegas, either a round trip or flight back to Houston depending on time/cost etc.
    We would love some ideas of the route we should/could take, sights we could see, but we want to get off the tourist track and see some of the real America as well as the usual touristy parts (not just interstates and big cities - we want the real experience).

Any help would be greatly received, cheers,

PS. we have just decided to take this trip so are completely in the dark as to what it would entail.

Thanks again...

South of England.

Default Take your pick !

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

The first thing you should do is to get a good map of the USA and do plenty of research, you will find pretty much all you need to know throughout the RTA site [check the tool bars above out] and what you don't find you can simply ask.

You have roughly a million and one options and with 3 to 4 weks you could go almost anywhere in the USA 'on the way' to Vegas. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon and California could all be included in the 'long way round.' You could start out heading East, but you might also want to spend longer periods of time in fewer places.

At every turn you will find "Real America" but I doubt you will find to much that is not real. ;-)
    Touristy spots are touristy for a reason they have something that the visitor wants. The National parks are 'tourist hot spots' but I would not want to miss them for the world. State parks and forestry lands are less visited and can still offer so much.

Take a look around and get some dots on the map and then we can help you to get the best from your trip and offer alternatives or add on's.

Enjoy the planning !