1. Default Where to visit on the way San Fransisco via Sacremento to Las Vegas

We are planning on coming from the UK to Sacremento so my wife can run the marathon in the Worlds Masters on the 17 July. We will most probably fly into San Fransisco about the 10th. She wants to be in Sacremento by the 13th to aclimatise / prepare . Advice on what to do and see on the way to Sacremento please. After the marathon we will most probably have about two weeks to sightsee and want to end up in Las Vegas as well as visiting the Grand Canyon. Any ideas and advice on where to go and what to see on way from Sacremento to Las Vegas would be much appreciated. We will have a car so distances and driving time would be a great help. many thanks

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

There really isn't a whole lot on the direct route between SF and Sacramento - unless you include Urban Sprawl.

Napa would be one possible detour, but with the limited time you have, I think I would focus on just spending your time exploring SF itself.

After Sacramento, hitting Yosemite, Death Valley, the Pacific Coast Highway, and/or some of the parks in Southern Utah would all be very popular ideas, in fact they are the most popular trip ideas on this forum - you'll find a ton of information just by looking around a little bit.

I'd also recommend you spend a little time looking at the other areas of this website, including the new Map Center which will give you more ideas and suggestions.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 12-15-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added a link to the Map Center page

South of England.

Default Explore San Fran.

I agree.

Give yourself a little time for the body clock to adjust and spend a couple of days around San Fran, it's a great City ! Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit tower, China town, Union square are a few of the main attractions you could enjoy and then perhaps a drive over the Golden gate bridge to Napa valley on route to Sacramento.

As Michael suggested, take a look around and when you have some ideas down we can help you to fill in the gaps and perhaps offer suggestions to 'fine tune' your trip. This thread has some of our favorite suggestions in it.

Enjoy the planning !

4. Default

Many thanks for your ideas and suggestions. May come back for some more info later