1. Default Family trip from KC to LA...

My husband and 2 children and I are taking a road trip from KC to LA...we havent seen the grand canyon and thats the main attraction we want to see along the way. And on the way back def stopping in Vegas! my kids will be 4 and 10 months old when we will be traveling in july 2011.

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

That sounds like a reasonable plan. How much time do you have for your trip?

I don't really see a question in your post, so is there something you're looking for help with?

The Netherlands

And you really must make your reservations for GCNP long before Or are you camping? I presume you are visiting south rim.

South of England.

Default Try the map centre.

We really need more detail of what you have planned so far and time available. It would make sense to take a different route each way to see a wider variety of things. Perhaps I 70 corridor one way through Vegas, and I 40 corridor the other via Grand canyon. If you have the whole Month of July you can do quite a bit of 'wandering' and places like Rocky mountain NP, Colorado National Monument, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce and Zion NP's and a whole lot more are within a comfortable distance.

Check out the brand new RTA map centre where you can try out different routes, and find attractions and route alternatives along your chosen path, or simply search an area for attractions.

Once you have a few bits figured out we will be pleased to help fill in the gaps and 'fine tune' your trip with you.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 12-15-2010 at 09:27 PM.