1. Default Thanksgiving weekend - Philly to ?

Hello guys,

I want to do a roadtrip during the Thanksgiving weekend for 4 days.. I will be starting from Philadelphia.. Could you please suggest any good destinations/routes that I could take? I will definitely do my research .. but I just wanted some brief pointers...

I have been to Cincinnati/Raleigh/Charlotte multiple times from PA so I want to avoid any place in - OH/NC as destinations..

One of the places that I was considering was Nashville, TN and the rocky mountains route... any suggesitons?

Thanks!

Default Perhaps too far.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

It's what you are looking for in a destination that is most important ? I am not familiar enough to give personal suggestions, but I think that Nashville might be stretching it a little far for a 4 day trip. At a little over 1600 mile round trip, you are looking at 3 solid day's of driving with only time for short stops for gas, food and bathroom breaks along the way. I would be looking at a round trip of 1000 to 1200 miles to give yourself some time to meander and explore new places, sometimes it pay's just to jump in the car and see where the road takes you.

Take a look around the forums and roadtrip route pages [in the tool bar above] to find inspiration, I am sure you will get some idea's come along soon.

Default Time, but...

Nashville is possible but your time will be tight. Add to that Thanksgiving being the biggest day for travel and you're up against some obstacles. The Rocky Mountains would be too far; perhaps you meant the Smoky Mountains?

4. Default Thanks

Southwest Dave and Mass Tim, Thanks for your replies...

Yes, I did mean Smoky mountains :) .. I'm planning to do this trip alone.. and I am searching for some peace and serenity :) so I want to drive to a place where there as less people around as possible..

Infact I dont even need a destination.. like you said, I could just aimlessly drive.. But I really want the route to be beautiful.. I want to avoid OH/NC since I've driven there many times and I'm bored.. Thanks..

5. Default

Yes, I did take a look at the Roadtrip routes page .. What do you think of the
    Boston, Massachusetts to Burlington, Vermont: A Weekend in New England route? Is it doable considering the time of the year?
    Thanks.

Default New England

Going through New England certainly is an option. A round trip would be something near 1000 miles, which with four days gives you plenty of time to see the scenery, enjoy your drive, and be prepared for any traffic you may encounter. On this route, you may want to consider the possibility of coming back through New York and the Adirondacks region from Vermont.

7. Default

Awesome! Thanks... I think I got my route/destination now.. Will share my experience after i return..

Default Cool.

We will look forward to the updates, have a great trip !

9. Default

How about canada?