1. Default Vegas - Yellowstone - Jackson - Salt Lake - Honeymoon

I'm new to the forum so I apologise if this post is in the wrong place.

In September 2011, myself and my fiance are travelling from the UK to Vegas to get married. We have already booked the Wynn Enore for one weeks stay and the cermony. The plan is then to hire an SUV, take 5/6 days to drive to Yellowstone for a week, then head to Jackson Hole for a couple of days and then onto Salt Lake for a couple of days.

Can anyone give me any route ideas for the vegas - yellowstone and any ideas for places to see and stay on the trip.

Thanks in advance

South of England.

Default So many options !

Hello, congratulations and welcome to the RTA forums !

With a week in Vegas, you might fancy a day trip out of town during your stay.

With 5/6 day's to travel to Yellowstone, you have a wide and varied choice of options, I would suggest you look around the forums with a good map to hand for inspiration. Options that could take in such wonders of the world as the Grand canyon, North or South rim. From the Grand canyon you could head through Monument valley [163] towards Moab on 191 where you will find another couple of amazing National parks in Arches and Canyonlands. However, you might want to check out the equally amazing parks of Zion and Bryce canyon in Southern Utah ! From I 70 near to Fruita [and the Colorado National monument] you could head North on CO 139/64 to US 40 through Vernal [near to Dinosaur NM] and 191 to Green river past Flaming gorge Res and onto the Grand Tetons and into Yellowstone.

You will have to pick and choose [there are many other options to consider] and decide on the pace you want to travel at. When you have some ideas down, run them by us and we can help to "fine tune" your trip. Enjoy the planning !

On a side note, if you want to rent an SUV that is fine, but I thought it worth mentioning that you will pay more than you would for a standard sedan, you don't really need one for your journey, and you won't be able to take it anywhere you couldn't the Sedan.