Default Washington D.C., Pennsylvannia, Maryland, Virginia, Sandusky Ohio

Hey guys in a couple of weeks a friend and I are going on a Road Trip. We do a trip every year and this time we decided to hit the North East. The difference here is that we are both going to Cities/States that neither of us have been to before (with the exception of Sandusky).

We are two college students so we are of course limited to our funds. Our plan is to fly from Miami, FL to Washington D.C. and make a large loop going to the following Cities/States.

Virgina
    Washington D.C. (lincoln Memorial, white house, museums)
    Maryland (needs me some crab cakes)
    Pennsylvannia (Philadelphia, Hershey Factory in Hershey, University of Pennsylvannia and Pittsburgh)

If we have the time/energy we are attempting to go to Sandusky, OH to visit Cedar Point Theme Park.

Here's the catch. We only have 7 days there. We would like to spend more time but due to our jobs we just can't get the time off.

What i'm looking for are suggestions on the things that WE MUST see that are special to each city/state.

Also I should mention that we LOVE FOOD and definitely plan to make eating great local food during this trip.

So please feel free to give me your suggestions and i'll research them. I thank you in advance.

- GaTo

Default Why Not?

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You would need 'only' about 2½ days of workmanlike driving to complete a circuit that hit all the objectives you've mentioned, including Sandusky. So just a few suggestions for some of those destinations. The inner harbor and/or Fort McHenry in Baltimore; Independence Mall, Elfreth's Alley and the Italian market on S. 9th St. in Philadelphia; the Museum of Natural History and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland; the National Road through southwestern Pennsylvania and western Maryland; and the Great Falls of the Potomac.

AZBuck

Thanks for the warm welcome AZ!

What i'm liking about this trip is that the we only have 7 days of vacation, I really think we can make all the stops as long as we stick to a schedule because it really is only 1100 miles roundtrip (with the longest drive being CedarPoint)

You mentioned the Italian Market on 9th street. I keep seeing this area mentioned. Is this an outdoor Italian Market which sells fresh Italian fare?

I can't believe I forgot about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! What was I thinking?

I'm going to research the other destinations you mentioned and I'll let you know if I add any to my itinerary.

Anyone else want to chime in? Any good local eats you guys can think of?

This is my itinerary so far.

Start in Washington D.C.
    Lincoln Memorial, Tour of the White House, Visit a couple of Museums.

Baltimore, Maryland
    Still planning this part

Philadelphia, PA
    Philly Cheese Steaks (Pats and Lukes), Italian Market on 9th St.

University of Pennsylvania
    Crash a college party (It's ranked as the #2 Party school in America)

Hershey, PA
    Going to the Hershey Chocolate Factory of Course!

Pittsburgh, PA
    I have no idea what to do here, it's a major city so that's why we're driving through

Cedar Point, OH
    Going to the Theme Park of course... needs me some rollercoaster time, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Woodbrigde, VA
    Going to visit my cousin, don't know what to do in VA though we are close to Alexandria

Washington, D.C.
    It's time to go home :(

Quote Originally Posted by AZBuck View Post
    Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You would need 'only' about 2½ days of workmanlike driving to complete a circuit that hit all the objectives you've mentioned, including Sandusky. So just a few suggestions for some of those destinations. The inner harbor and/or Fort McHenry in Baltimore; Independence Mall, Elfreth's Alley and the Italian market on S. 9th St. in Philadelphia; the Museum of Natural History and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland; the National Road through southwestern Pennsylvania and western Maryland; and the Great Falls of the Potomac.

AZBuck

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhh crap... thanks for the update

now i'm depressed :(

Quote Originally Posted by GaTo View Post
    now i'm depressed :(
    Just think of it as an opportunity to enhance the other parts of your trip.