1. Default Road trip from New York suggestions

Hi there.
    Thanks for this site. Me and my friends are planning to go to the road trip from New York for Thanksgiving weekend (3 to 5 days maximum) we are not sure were to go. Open to any suggestions in the United States. Thanks.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default limitations

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The one thing I can tell you is that with your time constraints, you're limited to going at most about 1000 miles from New York. That's about 2 full days each way - so that's the upper end if you have 5 days, and will likely want stay closer.

Of course, that gives you a ton of options - you can go nearly anywhere east of the mississippi, with the exception of florida and the gulf coast. Without having any idea of what you might be interested in, there's really no way for us to start narrowing things down.

But get out a map, take a look around, and of course spend some time looking around this and other websites to get an idea of what strikes your interest. Once you've got an idea of what you want to do, we can help you put everything together.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Interests

What are the things that interest everyone in the group? That should give you some good ideas. On the other hand, you could always point the car in some direction and head that way for a bit, and turn when you feel like going somewhere else. It all depends on how comfortable with uncertainty everyone in the group would feel.

Is there anywhere in particular that you've always wanted to go, that would be within driving distance within your time frame?

4. Default

we are open to anything last year we went to florida, didn't take I-95 instead took local roads had great time. if you could suggest few destinations that we can choose from. i want to go to Virginia and all that is left on that side, people in my group want to go somewhere like Fl. we can extend the time to 7 days. i understand that its hard to suggest but plz. help
    thank you:)))

Green County, Wisconsin

West Virginia
    Huntsville, Alabama

We can start throwing out random destinations, but the fact is that you still have told us nothing about what it is you are looking for or what you're interested in - and without that its not hard to give meaningful suggestions, its flat out impossible.

In the meantime, this site is full of ideas. If you can't tell us what sorts of things you want to do, then I'd suggest spending some more time simply looking around this site - both in the forum and the many other articles and route ideas - so you at least get some ideas to get started. Hopefully that will give you some direction about what you want out of your trip - but if you can't answer that, no one else on any forum will be able to either.