Default where to rent cars on west coast

Hi Guys.
    Im new to RTA.
    I have been reading comments and getting tips for the last few years of this great forum, but now I have decided to pick your brains on some budgeting tips.
    I have had two great trips in the last three years.
    In 2007 me and a friend rented a hertz shelby mustang and drove from orlando to L.A and back which was amazing but time was always against us as we only had seven days to do it.
    In 2009 me, my girlfriend and two friends rented an RV and drove a loop around the west coast, covering San Fran, Yosemite, Death Valley, Grand canyon, Vegas, San Diego and back to San Fran.
    I really enjoyed the 2009 trip and have decided to do it again, only this time six of us want to rent three cars, something like mustangs or camaros Etc.
    My main question is.
    Is there any particular city that would be cheaper to rent the three cars from?
    This is a deciding factor, as this is where we will begin our trip.
    I was thinking of starting in Las Vegas and doing a clockwise trip.
    Any help/ tips always appriciated.

South of England.

Default Deals for wheels.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

As far as I know there is no one City that has the monopoly on cheaper car rentals, all you can do is research and see what deals are on offer at the time of booking. Not only do different companies offer different deals, and special offers, but sometimes the same company in the same City can offer different prices from a different office, such as airport and downtown locations. Before booking, I normally keep checking around at what's on offer and get an idea of prices to help identify a good deal when it comes along. Most major companies will only offer "or similar" cars, in other words if you book a convertible, you won't necessarily be guaranteed that make or model.

Good luck with the search, and when you know where you will be starting out from etc, we may be able to help to "fine tune" your trip.

Excellent. Thanks for the rapid reply Dave.
    I will keep you all posted on my plans.