Default Going it Solo- Needing Advice on Women Roadtripping Alone

First and foremost, this is my first post here on the forums at RTA, and I am glad to have come across this site.

For a while now, I have been considering taking some time off of work and traveling around the country. If I do decide to go through with this plan I would definitely be doing this alone. I think the length of my trip will be between two and three months time (three months being the longest amount of time I can take off without being let go from my position). I want to camp out as much as possible. I do think that I will end up in some more metropolitan areas, so I know I'll need to plan for staying in a hotel. I don't really have a preference for where I am going, but I am not as interested in areas such as the North Eastern parts of the country.

What I want to get out of this thread is advice on safety precautions that I should take as a single woman on this trip. Thank you in advance for your help.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default others experiences

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I will tell you first that you are not alone at all in being a single woman wanting to go out on the road solo. In fact, there's a lot of data suggesting that women are more likely to take such a solo trip than men.

There's no reason a solo trip can't be perfectly safe, and I think the best thing I can do is direct you towards the experiences of other women who've been in similar situation who've posted here before.

Here's the planning thread of one female traveler who was scared to hit the road solo.
    And here's her report of the great time she had once she was on the road!
    Plus her advice for others thinking of doing the same thing!

There's a ton of information there to help get you going, but if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    There's a ton of information there to help get you going, but if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Thank you so much for the links! It is very encouraging to see that many people have been where I am right now in the stages of contemplation and had such successful journeys.