1. Default West Coast to East Coast: Can we do it?

After we graduate, my best friend and I want to go on a road trip in my 2004 Jeep Wrangler. We will start in Lubbock, Texas and head to LA, then go north to Vancouver, BC, Canada, then across to Boston, MA. After Boston, Drive down the east coast to Atlanta, Georgia than back to Texas through Northern Alabama, Mississippi, & Louisiana. We love adventure: mountain climbing, kayaking, surfing, ect... Just dont know where the best places are.. and how long this trip will take... So if anybody has any tips or places that would be incredible to see.. please share! Thanks.

South of England.

Default Can you ?

Anything is possible ! [well almost.]

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

You are obviously at the early stages of your planning, and it is going to take some more research, and for you to be able to answer some of your questions yourself, before we can be of any meaningful help. With a trip that circles the entire country and parts of Canada, the list of possibilities would be endless, and in turn of no use to you.

How long will the trip take ? You could spend a lifetime and not see the "best" of everything, so it really comes down to working out how long you have, and how long your budget will last. First you need to know what your budget is going to be and how you want to travel, camping is a "budget friendly" option but it might not be your travel style. You are looking at an 8000 mile plus trip, a Month would keep things reasonably 'sane' while not having much time in any one place, 6 weeks could work well, the longer the better in my opinion.

We have established you can't see the "best" of everything, so you will be looking for the best of the best. Again, it is only a question you can answer as we are all different, and that is the reason that when you look around the forums you will find, time after time, that we don't do "must sees". The great thing of the road trip is getting to choose your own destinations, or simply just to get "lost" now and again and see where the road takes you.

Get a map, look around the forums and once you have started answering some of your own questions and got some dot's on the map, we can help to "fine tune" your trip and fill in some gaps.

Enjoy the planning !