Default Minneapolis - Seattle Mid October

My Mom and I are going from Minneapolis to Seattle. We have most of the trip planned out.
    We are stopping in Murdo, SD the first night. Then going on to Wall the next day t spend some time there. After that we are going to Sheridan, WY to stay the night then Head to Yelloestone through Cody, WY and the East gate in. We will then head north to Chico Hot Springs Resort in Pray, MT. We are staying ther for two days then hoping to venture a little into Yellowstone. From Chico Hot Springs we are going to Coeur D'alene, ID. From there to Seattle.
    We haven't made any plans for the trip back yet. Are there any suggestions out there?

South of England.

Default Time back ?

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

It looks to me as though you have done a great job on the way out, and with a good map and a look around the forums, could do the same on the way home. What we need to know is how long do you have for the journey back home ? Glacier NP would be an obvious choice if the weather is kind to you, and the Grand Tetons to the South of Yellowstone. The Black hills, Custer State park, Mt Rushmore and Badlands NP are a few other options you could consider.

We will have 4-5 day get back.

Tucson, AZ

Default North It Is, Then

Since you'll need to cover at least 1700 miles on the drive back, 4-5 days doesn't leave a lot of time for major detours. So I agree with Dave that, weather permitting (which it certainly should in October), your route back should come across the northern tier of states and that Glacier National Park would be one highlight. Others along US-2/I-94 include Charles M Russell National Wildlife Refuge, Theodore Roosevelt National Park and the Little Missouri National Grassland, Charles M Russell National Wildlife Refuge, and Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park.