1. Default 7 days Orlando-Key West in a convertible

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I live in Niagara Falls, Canada and are planning a week vacation in Florida. The plan is basically not to have to much of a plan. We're flying into Orlando late November on a Saturday or Sunday and renting a convertible. We are thinking of spending our first night in Cape Canaveral and spending the next day seeing the Kennedy space center. Then leaving that evening or possibly the next morning and driving the coast towards Miami, where we'd like to spend another night and have breakfast on the strip in South Beach?? Then head down to the Keys?
    I'm hoping someone can help with possible suggestions and ideas for our trip. Like I mentioned our schedule is wide open. I'm a little concerned about the idea of hotels being sold out and us sleeping in our car. We're also thinking if a cruise is heading out for three days or so and it was a good deal, we'd jump on that?
    Anyhow- any help with ideas, routing, locations, hotels and anything else you can think of, would greatly be appreciated...

Tucson, AZ

Default The Obvious

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

We don't really offer advice on specific hotels or restaurants unless we have specific first hand knowledge, but the general area you'll be in is built on the tourist trade, and in today's depressed economy I would be flabbergasted if you cant find vacancies and great deals on meals wherever you go. The main attraction of the area is of course the shoreline, and for the most part that's freely accessible, other attractions besides Kennedy Space Center include the Everglades, the Keys, wildlife sanctuaries, Biscayne National Park, etc., etc.

3. Default Dry Tortugas.

You mentioned a cruise. Well, this isn't really a cruise, but it can be a three day getaway that will be a lifelong memory.

It will either completly bore you, or completely fascinate you.

They have day trips out of Key West, or you can camp several days if you can find a tent and needed supplies.

4. Default

Dry Tortugas National Park is now on the hit list- thank you! Anyone else have any other ideas? Does anyone have any suggestions for where to stay in Cape Canaveral?