1. Default Las Vegas to Portland and back, 10 days in October

We (fiance and I (no kids)) are new to the forum and have been working on planning a road trip from Vegas up to Portland and then back down the PCH1 to return in Vegas. We have 10 days booked in mid October with our last night staying in Vegas. We have been to LV a few times, seen the strip, Hoover Dam and Death Valley so we would like to skip any of those scenes.

We want to get up north to Portland quicker than return just because we want to enjoy a little of the warmth before it gets any colder.

Points that we want to hit.
    Yosemite (best entrance? best area to stay outside the park?)
    Napa Valley (hit up a winery tour or 3)
    Redwoods or Muir woods
    San Francisco (see Fisherman's Wharf)
    Carmel (would like to drive to Pebble Beach/17 mile drive)
    Santa Barbara

We don't have much any interest in seeing LA unless there's something that's a "must see" in SoCal. We prefer to see more natural scenery and enjoy the drive down the PCH than staying in the big cities. We aren't big into museums, knick knacks or tourist traps.

Looking for recomendations on things that we need to see, how long to give each area.

Any tips would be great! Thank you!

Green County, Wisconsin

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The problem I see is that you've already got so much you want to do, with so little time.

Don't get me wrong, 10 days is a nice amount of time to see things but you already listed 7 things you want to see/do, and that doesn't factor in any time in Vegas and the 2500 miles of driving in between.

If it were me, based on the thing you've listed, I'd skip Oregon for this trip, just looping around those place - with Redwood NP being for northern most stop, and working your way back down the coast. When you factor in time visiting the places you listed, and factor in the slow going nature of driving the Pacific Coast Highway, I think you'll find even that will be a very full - if not overstuffed - trip.