1. Default mid december trip

We are planning a mid december trip from Spokane Washington to Las Vegas Nevada. Any tips weatherwise or otherwise. ie best routes

Default Nothing to go on.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Have a search of the various RTA pages and you will find a wealth of info. No one can predict the weather this far in advance and you can expect to see a wide variation in conditions.

As for "best routes", there really is no such thing, quickest perhaps, scenic options certainly, but "best" isn't a word we use around here, as the road trip is an individual thing. It would help if we knew the basics of your trip, such as how long you have and your interests, or if your goal is simply to do the journey in the shortest amount of time.

Do a little research and when you have some specifics we should be able to help with detail, enjoy the planning !

3. Default

We are looking for the quickest route for winter travel. BCAA is sending us from Spokane I-90 to I-84 to I-93 on the way there & I-15 to I-84 to I-90 to I-5 to Langley BC back

The way I read it, you are going from Spokane to LV, then back to Langley?

Take I-90 to I-15 to get to LV. To get home, you have 2 possibilities - I-15/I-84/I-82/I-90/I-5 or I-15/CA-58/I-5. The second way adds about 80 miles and an hour and a half.

There's always the possibility of bad weather anywhere - and you may have to adjust your route on the fly.
    Last edited by glc; 09-06-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Interstates are a priority to keep clear and traffic moving around the Country, so you shouldn't face much more than waiting out a storm for a few hours if things got bad. Each way is 2 long days of driving, but with the shorter daylight hours and unpredictable weather, I would see how far you get over 2 day's and take a 3rd to finish off the trip, this will take the pressure off and allow for possible disruption/delay's.

I should have mentioned - you can drive from Spokane to LV in 2 long days if you must, but the drive from LV to Langley will require a 3rd day with either routing.