1. Default phoenix to san francisco

I am from england and could use some help planning my trip. i fly into phoenix and have a car for two weeks before flying home from san francisco any info on routes to take sights to see and places to stay would be so helpful and much appreciated! i havent had a chance to book anything other than car hire and flights yet as it was a bit of a last minute decision. so if anyone knows of any good places to stay on the way that would be good. Would it be taking too greater risk to find accomodation as we are traveling? i arive on the 3rd oct and go home on the 15th.

South of England.

Default Many options.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

You have many route choices and a nice amount of time to see things, from the National parks to the City's and the coast, so you need to do a little research and see what appeals to you and your interests, as we know nothing of them. The Grand canyon and the National parks of Southern Utah like Zion and Bryce canyon would be at the top of a lot of lists. Las Vegas across Death valley and into Yosemite is also popular, or you might fancy San Diego and LA plus the coastal route to SF.

It's a popular topic on the forums so search around and see what appeals and then we can help to piece your trip together.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default basics

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Certainly, you've got plenty of options to pick from. Going to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Death Valley, and Yosemite would be a popular option. There is a very remote possibility that Tioga Pass across the Sierras could be closed for the at the time of your trip, but typically it doesn't close until late October or November.

You could also head over to Southern California and make your way up the coast.

And there are a few other things in the area like Sequoia, Lake Tahoe, and Napa that could easily be included.

You should generally be able to go without reservations, although if you've got specific places you want to stay or particularly high demand destinations (like inside Grand Canyon or Yosemite National Parks) you'd want to book ahead there.

Basically, all of these things make up the most popular and most discussed trip ideas on this forum, so spend a little time looking around here, and once you've got a better idea of what you're interested in, we can certainly offer more advice to help fill in the gaps.