1. Default Suggestions for sightseeing on I-90

I am planning a road trip for next summer....We are going to drive I-90 from Yakima, WA area to New York, NY. We have no time constraints & no budget. We just want to take some time & drive. We want to see fun, quirky, & historic sites along the way. We like ghost towns & other mysterious things too. Oh, and any "must" try resteraunts (our fave show is Diner's, Drive-in's, & Dive's) We don't mind going off track a bit. I know one of our big stops will be Yellowstone. Any other ideas would be great. Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by momto2boys; 08-28-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: add info

South of England.

Default Oooops!

Hello and big apologises for a late welcome to the RTA forums !

We always try and welcome new members quicker than this, you appear to have dropped in under the radar. With no time constraints you could pretty much wander anywhere across country but a few places I can think of while detouring to Yellowstone and keeping in touch with I 90 would be; Bighorn mountains/forest, Black Hills, Custer state park, Wind cave NP, Mt Rushmore, Crazy horse memorial, Badlands, Wall drug, the Corn palace, Souix falls, Chicago and possibly a side trip to Niagra Falls. Not to forget the Grand Tetons just South of Yellowstone and Glacier NP prior to Yellowstone, two magnificent National parks that you shouldn't miss with this opportunity.

Have a look around the forums and Roadtrip planning pages for much much more !

3. Default

Your name is Momto2boys? How old are your two boys? My 12-year-old LOVED the Wisconsin Dells - right along I-90. Check out a website: Besides the many indoor/outdoor waterparks, there are boat rides. Living on the East Coast, I had never heard of the place, but apparently every Midwesterner has! After visiting South Dakota, I found it to be a good resting place to break up the driving towards the east. And it is a different species from national parks, monuments, etc.!