1. Default LA to Vegas - 12 people

Hi All,

First time poster here!

My fiancee and myself are getting married in the nyc may next year.
    We are flying into LA from Oz and are having the buck's/hen's night in Vegas before flying on to nyc

There's going to be a few of us - at least 12 - and I'd like to drive from LAX straight to Vegas and make it a fun road trip!

So any suggestions relating to mode of transport (i.e hire a mini-van / multiple cars / bus)??
    Approx costs would be great!!

We fly into LAX at 08:00 and want to take the quickest route possible so hopefully we'll be there by 14:00??

I'm sure I'll come up with more questions based on your answers but I thought driving would be more fun than catching another plane!

Thanks and I look forward to your answers.

South of England.

Default Not in 6 hours.

Congratulations, Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

Sorry but you don't have a chance of getting you all cleared through customs, picking up a rental, driving through the urban sprawl of LA and getting to Vegas, all in 6 hours. You will be tired from your flights and your body clocks will be out of whack so I am not sure it will be fun for all involved to drive the same day and an internal flight might be the better bet.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default too much too soon

I'm in agreement with Dave that you're being very optimistic about your ability to get off a plane and then make a drive to Vegas in just 6 hours, and more importantly, trying to do that much driving immediately after a long trans-pacific flight really isn't a good idea even with more time.

If you do want to make the trip via the highway, I'd look into the cost of getting a charter bus. That way you wouldn't have to worry about driving, and with that many people, you'd have to rent at least 3 car/mini-vans anyway. Another more fun option might be to rent a large limo, however, if you've got 12 people there could be a problem with luggage space.

How long are you planning to spend in Vegas? After 24 hours of traveling, I can't imagine that everyone will really be up for immediately starting to party as soon as you arrive in Vegas.