Default Temperatures in August/September

Evening all,

This is my first post after being on this site for the last 2weeks just reading, reading & some more redading..I have finally gained enough info & now need more..hehe!

To the moderators & site owner excellent work :), there is a lot of helpful info which is greatly appreciated by those of us new to the wonders of travelling in the USA.

I will have a few questions to ask as my Family(My Wife & 2 girls aged 6 & 9 & i)are planning a trip across the oceans next year as the title says in Aug/Sept.

Just a quick idea of what we have planned is

Melbourne to LA
    LA Drive to San Fran
    San Fran Drive to Yosemite
    Yosemite Drive to LV
    Then fly to Texas to see some school friends,
    Texas fly to Orlando
    Orlando to NY to see some more school friends
    Then fly to LA or home direct, still to decide.

We have approximately 6 weeks & want at least 10days at WDW, ( i am just a big kid & cant wait)

Firstly, do the temperatures vary greatly from LA to San Fran?
    What is the average temperature around this time of year?
    I have searched the site for an average temp calender to no avail, so hopefully someone can chime in & let me know.

Look forward to discussing more & more as time goes by, Only 361 days to go..yippee. :)

Keep smilin' Pete.

Welcome!

I think this site will have the data you want.

Note that San Francisco is strange - its location on a peninsula makes for very cool summers. Compare that to San Jose, which is only 30 miles away.

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

This really is a trip where you will have to be prepared for a little bit of everything temperture wise just because of the wide range of areas you'll be in. You've got coastal areas, mountains, deserts, and tropics.

The coastal areas should be comfortable, but SF is often quite a bit cooler than LA. When you head into Yosemite, you could quite possibly see rather cool conditions, especially overnight, but then Las Vegas typically sees daytime temperatures over 100 degrees.

Meanwhile, Orlando's temperature are typically in the 90's, however because they are often much more humid, it can often "feel" much hotter than the desert.

In addition to looking at the site GLC linked to, since this trip is almost exactly a year away, I'd be looking at the current conditions in each of your cities every few days. That will give you an idea of the range of temperatures you might see at this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Welcome!

I think this site will have the data you want.

Note that San Francisco is strange - its location on a peninsula makes for very cool summers. Compare that to San Jose, which is only 30 miles away.
    glc,
    Thanks heaps for this link, it is an excellent help.
    I have just realised that there will be a wide variance of temperatures throughout the trip.