1. Default Need Roadtrip route advice from CT to VA

Hi to all:
    This is my first post on this forum so please excuse any errors.
    We are visiting the USA and currently we are in Stamford, CT and we need to travel to Newport News, VA.
    What is the best driving route given that we were planning on leaving CT on Saturday morning, spend a night someplace on the way, and arrive to VA by late Friday afternoon?

We prefer to spend the night in an interesting place along the way. The most obvious destinations were Atlantic city or Ocean city, but they appear to me (although I may be mistaken) to be just a strip of crowded hotels on the beach. If there are other more interesting towns with beautiful scenery along the way that would be preferable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best,
    Yasmin

Welcome!

Could you check for typos, please? You are taking a whole week for this trip?

we were planning on leaving CT on Saturday morning, spend a night someplace on the way, and arrive to VA by late Friday afternoon
    The drive you are proposing can be easily driven in one day on a weekend. It shouldn't take much more than 8 hours. Finding accommodations anywhere along the shore on a weekend in the summer can be difficult and expensive.

Default Interesting and Scenic

Since it appears that you plan to follow the Garden State Parkway south along the coast after making it through the New York City area, I'd suggest that you keep going past Atlantic and Ocean Cities, NJ and continue all the way down to Cape May. Cape May is a quiet little town known for its Victorian architecture. In fact, the entire city of Cape May is designated as a National Historic Landmark. The area is also a renowned bird watching center. After a night's stay in one of the town's many B&Bs, you can catch an early morning ferry over to Lewes. DE, and continue down the coast of the Delmarva Peninsula making a stop at either Assateague or Chincoteague Islands before crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to the Hampton roads area.

AZBuck

That is probably your best bet if you do want to make it a 2 day trip down the coast. However, I would recommend that you make reservations for lodging and the ferry as soon as possible. As I mentioned, summer weekends are the height of the tourist season along the shore.