Default Article: Mandan to Dickinson, North Dakota on Old Red/Old Ten Scenic Byway

This just sounds like such a perfect road trip discovery -- Thanks for sharing!

Mark

*gasp*
    Ending at Dickinson?!
    You missed some of the best parts of the Old Red Trail, Highway 10. You miss about 50 miles of the breaks in to the Badlands. Continue down Villard in Dickinson, west of town and head out to Belfield, 25 miles. Along the way, you'll pass South Heart.
    At Belfield, jump on I-94 for a handful of miles (15) to Medora. THAT'S where the beauty of The Old Red Trail begins and continues all the way to Beach, ND (25 miles) and in to Montana where your next stop is Wibux, MT home of one of the best local breweries in the region..

Reminds me of the great memories I have of highway 2 from Shelby to Grand Forks. Every mile of it was a sheer pleasure to drive, there were very few trucks and really, not all that much traffic. Would drive it again in a heartbeat. Beats the interstates anytime.

Default nice addition but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryderwriter View Post
    *gasp*
    Ending at Dickinson?!
    You missed some of the best parts of the Old Red Trail, Highway 10. You miss about 50 miles of the breaks in to the Badlands. Continue down Villard in Dickinson, west of town and head out to Belfield, 25 miles. Along the way, you'll pass South Heart.
    At Belfield, jump on I-94 for a handful of miles (15) to Medora. THAT'S where the beauty of The Old Red Trail begins and continues all the way to Beach, ND (25 miles) and in to Montana where your next stop is Wibux, MT home of one of the best local breweries in the region..
    Nice addition to a great post but... I'd better not tell about it to my friend or our roundtrip meant to turn back from ND will end up in MT breweries :-D (just kidding, I know it's a priority for most guys).

Gravel road in US? Wow! That must be different :-)Thanks for very informative post. I hope there is some way to "pin", favorite or bookmark it for future...