1. Default Nice coastal area halfway between Ashland, Oregon and Vancouver, B.C.?

I'm sorry, I am from the east and don't have a clear idea where I am yet. I have made the drive before and it's too long, so I would like to take a break in between this time, hopefully, next to any kind of significant water, sea, lake, river, wherever there's a campground or dirt cheap motel. How far would I have to go out of my way to get there? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Tucson, AZ

Default Not to be Facetious

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

But how about Vancouver? Almost exactly halfway between Ashland, OR and Vancouver, BC is Vancouver, WA just across the Columbia River from Portland. B4esides the river, there is nearby Vancouver Lake, or if such a setting is too urban for you, continue just a few miles to the town of Ridgefield and look for something near the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge. Also, I-5 follows the Columbia River for quite a few miles downstream from Portland/Vancouver, all the way to Longview, WA, so finding a place near, if not on, the water should not be that hard.

Update: North of Vancouver, WA: Paradise Point State Park

Last edited by AZBuck; 07-25-2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Added Specific Campground Possibility