1. Default Maine to Tennessee-Ideas for stops along the way?

Next summer (or fall) me and two friends are planning on making the trek to see another friend in Nashville, along with me wanting to see the Parthenon located in Nashville. I know one member of our group has requested we go to Glens Falls, NY and stay for a day or two and also the Ben and Jerry's factory is on our list. I'm expecting us to stay 3-4 days in Nashville, visiting with our friend. But what else should we do? We're gonna have some where in the ballpark of $6,000-$10,000 total for this adventure.

Tucson, AZ

Default A Good Start

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Well, I'd say the western side of your loop is starting to take shape nicely. You should also be looking at Niagara Falls (passports needed to cross to the Canadian side), Cooperstown and Louisville if you're baseball fans, Seneca Falls if you're suffragette or history buffs, Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and Mammoth Cave National Park. On the way back you can basically follow the Blue Ridge and Alleghenies and visit Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the Blue Ridge Parkway, Monticello, Shenandoah National Park, and the Delaware Water Gap or you can use I-95 and hit the major and historic east coast cities of Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia and New York.

I'm assuming from your description that you'll have about two weeks for your trip. More is fine, but much less will start to become problematical. Your finances should allow for a great time without any undue penny pinching.

3. Default

Yeah we will have somewhere around 2-2 1/2 weeks.