1. Default From MI to NJ,advice please

So im taking a road trip to NJ in Oct.I will be coming from the Detroit metro.we will be taking I 80 threw PA.i really love PA and im wondering the best scenic places to get a hotel along I80,or somewhere halfway of MI and NJ:) Im only staying in PA for one night,the trip should only take 11 hours so well stay in PA one night then drive to Sayreville NJ for a concert then staying one night there and going back the same way.Anyway i want to find the best city to get a hotel in PA to show my bf how amazing all the mountains are.the half way point is around dubois PA but not a vary interesting little city as far as i can see online......any hidden jems with amazing scenic city's give or take an hour from Dubois PA? i know its an odd question but id like to see the most i can in my one night stay in PA.since i grew up in the midwest its pretty flat here:) input would be amazing!thank you in advance:)sorry for the spelling an grammar,lost my glasses today so cannot see too well lol.thanks

Default Alternatives, Of Course

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

There are always alternatives for RoadTrips, both in routes and places to stay. If you do take I-80 and plan to stop in the Dubois area there are a couple of nearby towns that might better suit your desire to see an interesting little town or some amazing mountains. Just south of Dubois on US-119 is Punxsutawney, famous once a year on Groundhog Day. A bit farther east and just south of I-80 is State College, home of Penn State University, nestled in the shadow of Mount Nittany. West of Dubois is the small college town of Clarion.

For a completely different take on your drive, you might want to think about taking US-6 across the northern tier of Pennsylvania instead of I-80. This will certainly be slower going, but will give you a better feel for being in the mountains, and can still be done in your two day time frame. Halfway would be roughly Kane, PA with Warren and Port Allegany being slightly larger nearby towns.

Either route will bring you right by the southern end of the Delaware Water Gap which would make a great place to take a drive and hike for some beautiful mountain/river scenery.

AZBuck

Being from NJ and going to Starland Ballroom many times I know that around the Starland Ballroom area are some pretty shady motels. (Assuming that's where you're going since you said "concert in Sayreville") Be wary of what you pick and check out something like hotels.com to read the guest reviews of local hotels or a website one of the major chains.

4. Default

oh wow thank you ! jimzdj36 im so glad you could tell me that,yes it is the starland:) ill make sure to do some research on the hotels in the area,hopefully something not to pricey.

AZbuck- thank you so much for your input:) it really helps.....i was really thinking's about taking us-6 instead like you said but i found out i can get a free nights stay at a hotel in brookville on i-80(i work for a hotel chain)so i think ill take that route even tho it might not be as scenic it will still be pretty im sure.thank you guys so much

I've stayed in Brookville. It's a logical place to stop. Nothing special but it works.

For an off-Interstate experience, you could get off I-80 at Exit 123, take PA-970 to US-322. Take that through State College all the way down to Harrisburg. Take I-81 north to I-78 and take that into NJ.

6. Default

Alright so were not going to stay in brookville.iv decided to only drive for 1 and 1/2 days ,well 8 hours on the the first day(friday) then 4 hours to the club in NJ.so were doing to stop for the night around danville or somewhere in t hat area,then wake up and drive 4 hours to sayreville NJ.that wil take a day off the trip,i will be taking I80 just because of the time factor.any good towns near danville?

The largest town in that area is Williamsport. There are plenty of places to stay and some things to see and do. That's the headquarters of Little League baseball.

To get to Sayreville from I-80, I'd recommend you take PA-33 to I-78 to I-287, then get on the Garden State Parkway. Follow the directions on the Starland website for the GSP north of the Raritan bridges.