1. Default Iowa City to San Diego, Advice, Tips, Routes are greatly appreciated!

Hello Everyone,

Our road trip takes us from Iowa City to San Diego. Does anyone have suggested routes, points of interest on that route, tips, restaurants, etc.? We are going to leave in the next couple of weeks and we are planning on it taking us 4 days. The current route we have is I-80 West (crossing into Nebraska) to I-76 South (crossing into Colorado) to I-70 West (crossing into Utah) to I-15 South (passing through Arizona and Nevada and passing through to California).

Thanks in advance for the help!

South of England.

Default Not much "wiggle room".

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

With 4 day's you can do the trip fairly comfortably but having to drive 8 hours a day won't leave you a lot of "wiggle room" off of your main route. For places to take a little R @ R just off Interstate take a look here. To split your journey into 4 days you would be looking at stops around North Platte NE, Glenwood Springs CO, [and soak in a hot tub] St George UT and then to SD. I would look at places that might interest you in those areas to see what they have to offer. For instance on night 2 you could push on to Grand junction and night 3 hit the bright lights of Vegas, it depends on what you are looking for.