1. Default Road trip from Lancaster, PA to Perry, GA

We are planning a road trip from Lancaster, PA to Perry, GA with two boys age 8 and 10. We would would like any suggetions on "must see" places to visit along the way. When we arrive in Perry we will be venturing further west as far as LA gulf coast, and would like to visit interesting places around that area. We will have about 9 days in total to travel. Any suggestions would be great.

Tucson, AZ

Default No Such Thing

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Well, there is no simple list of 'must sees' anywhere, and no list of 'must avoids' either. what you should see will depend on your tastes and what you want to show your boys. But generally along your drive down I-81, Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway would be highlights, then from just east of Knoxville you could use US-441 to 'backtrack' through Great Smoky Mountain National Park to Asheville and take I-26 to I-85 and Atlanta. Along the Gulf Coast, assuming the oil spill is under control, take a look at Gulf Islands National Seashore and the Creole Trail west of New Orleans.

You could also take I-75 from Perry south to the Florida panhandle and head west from there to see as much of the gulf coast as possible. Pensacola, Tallahassee, and Mobile are on the way to the Louisiana gulf coast region. Also take the bridge over Lake Pontchartrain if you decide to break off of I-10 in Louisiana.