Default Chicago to Rock Springs, Yellowstone and Rapid City

Hello. I'm new to the site and looking for help and information about the road trip myself and my wife are going to be taking in September. We will be driving from Chicago to Rock Springs etc and want to try and enjoy as many scenic routes as possible whilst getting around our intended itinary. We want to stop off and see the covered bridges featured in Madison County and see Mount Rushmoor.
    Is this itinary do-able? Are there any recommendations of places to stay whether motel or guest house?
    We have 19 days in which to do the trip and want to enjoy it as relaxing as possible.
    Thank you and we look forward to your responses.
    Maurice Ball.

Tucson, AZ

Default Bridges, Roads and Sights

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Madison County is just southwest of Des Moines but there are covered bridges throughout Iowa.Some other scenic byways and unique towns along your route include the Amana Colonies, the old Oregon Trail, Devils Tower, the Badlands, the Historic Bluff Country Scenic Byway, and the Circus World Museum. Nineteen days is quite sufficient to take this journey at a fairly relaxed pace. Unfortunately, there are simply far too many hotels, motels, inns, B&Bs, hostels, campgrounds and other accommodations for the few regular contributors here to make any meaningful specific recommendations.

AZBuck. Thank you for your comments and we will investigate the potential of adding some of your suggestions to our itinary.