1. Default Turning 30....Road trip from Atlanta to VEGAS!!

My husband's turning 30 and we're going to drive from Atlanta to Vegas and then fly home. We've never done something like this and it's a bit last minute. We'll be leaving 7/23 (after work) and plan on flying home on either 7/31 or 8/1. Below are a list of the major cities that I believe we'll be passing through (found on another persons post)....

Birmingham, AL
    Tupelo, MS
    Memphis, TN
    Little Rock, AK
    Fort Smith, AK
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Amarillo, TX
    Albuquerque, NM
    Flagstaff, AZ

Is this a good shell to start with? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. We're not picky, but I'd maybe like a nice mixture of mainstream attractions, nature and quirky (maybe more quirky than mainstream.) Really the goal is to have fun and see our great country!!

Also, we'll be renting a car. Any companies to stay away from? Suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance! We're really excited. We've been together 13 years and have never done something like this!! It should be an adventure!

South of England.

Default Following I 40.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

If you don't finish too late it would be possible to get a little distance under your belt the same day, but if it is a case of rushing home, getting fed and driving late when you are just usually settling down to relax, you might be better off just making an early start in the morning. You have about 4 days of driving, but it would be a shame not to spend a day visiting one of the wonders of the world, the Grand canyon. So 5 days to get there will leave you with a couple to enjoy the bright lights of Vegas and not a lot of time for detours, but time to look around places that you find yourself staying for the night. Memphis, Oklahoma, Albuquerque, Flagstaff [Grand canyon] to Vegas would work out quite well for dividing your time, but do a little research and see what places appeal to your tastes.

As for the rental companies, they all offer pretty much the same thing, so it is a case of shopping around for the best deal at the time you travel, don't forget to check that it includes the one way drop off fee.

Joplin MO

How many days do you want to take for the drive across, and how many days do you want to spend in LV?

4. Default

Thanks Southwest Dave! I think narrowing it down like that is probably best......I've never seen the Grand Canyon and we definitely don't want to be rushed.

GLC - We're a bit flexible as I haven't scheduled our flight yet. I was hoping to get to Vegas by Thursday and spend 2 nights....BUT again, we're flexible. So if we arrived Friday, we could fly out on Sunday.