1. Default San Jose, CA to Denver, CO

I am road tripping with my boyfriend at the end of July from San Jose to Denver. I'm not interested in taking an extended road trip, but we do have some flexibility...maybe up to five days to make the trip would be good. Without going off the beaten path too much, can you recommend parks/sights to see? A route that is better than another? Am new to this site, as well- so tips on the trip or site would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note- my man and I are both native Californians, so no need to see Big Sur, Yosemite, Golden Gate, etc., although if they fit in, so be it! I love the beauty of the Golden state.
    Thanks in advance!

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Us50, i-70

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

A pretty basic route would be to get on US-50 at Lake Tahoe, follow this across Nevada (the loneliest road) to I-70. This route takes you past or close to several national parks including Great Basin, Arches, Canyonlands, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, and Rocky Mountain.

South of England.

Default Some other options.

If you want to take advantage of the full 5 days, I would be tempted to drive across the Tioga pass in Yosemite and head further South to Death valley. From there you could head to I15 from Vegas, through St George and then UT9 to Zion NP, US89 and Scenic byway 12 [Bryce canyon] through Escalante and Utah 24 past Capitol Reef NP to I70.
    A shorter option from Tioga is to head East on US6 through Tonopah and then take the "ET highway" [375] to US93/NV168 to I15 to Zion etc as above. A lot of open desert but I enjoyed the drive, stopping at the old mining town of Tonopah, the derelict buildings at Warm springs [and dipping our toes in the hot pool] and "Little Alien Inn" at Rachael.

If you wanted to get off Interstate I70 for a while you could take a little detour onto US6 at Dillon and take a scenic drive over Loveland pass.

There are lot's of options and combinations, such as heading South to Grand canyon and then through Monument valley to Moab, al ot will depend on how much you want to extend yourselves over a short period of time.