1. Default Looking for road trip ideas from San Diego in early Sept.

In early September 2011 I will be attending a convention in San Diego for 4 days. I am from Florida and have never visited that area of the country. I plan to stay an additional 7 days for a road trip around that area. I am interested in exploring the midwest rather then California. Any ideas would be helpful in my planning, Thank you!

South of England.

Default So many options.

Hello and welcome to the RTA forums !

What type of things are of interest to you, and do you like to keep on the move or settle in a couple of places ?

Heading East towards Phoenix and through Sedona to the Grand canyon could be a good starting point. Monument valley and into Southern Utah has some outstanding scenery. You could head through Page to Bryce canyon and Zion NP or head further afield towards Moab, on the doorstep of Arches NP and Canyonlands and then to Bryce and Zion via Capitol Reef and Escalante on scenic byway 12. Dropping through Vegas you could detour through Death valley NP or the Mojave. There are a million and one other options around such a loop, so I would get hold of a good map and search the forums for things to suit your tastes, once you have some ideas down, let us know and we can help to piece it together.

Oh, one other thing ! I wouldn't be to quick to dismiss Cali with places like Death valley, Sequoia and Yosemite NP's to hand, not to mention the PCH, enjoy the planning.