Default Article: St. Louis, Missouri to Keokuk, Iowa

Tucson, AZ

Default Also...

Since my wife is from St. Louis and my extended family is largely in Wisconsin, we have traveled this section of the Great River a few times. I heartily recommend the places Gerald has listed and have a few more. South of St. Louis is the great historic river town of Ste. Genevieve. No drive of the Great River would be compete, in my opinion, without at least one ferry ride on the river. the Calhoun Ferry Company offers a pair north of St. Louis that lets you cross over into Illinois, enjoy a bucolic back road drive north along the river, and then return to the Missouri side. Keokuk is, of course, home to the world famous Keokuk Geodes, found in river beds throughout the area, as well as a great walking tour that follows a bluff above the Mississippi past the homes built by industrialists during the town's boom years. And if you continue just a bit farther north on the Illinois side of the river, you'll come to the historic living-history town of Nauvoo.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Great suggestions -- I too have driven the river road a bit, but probably not nearly as much as you have. It's a perfect venue of road trips, something new to see every time on less-busy roads.