1. Default Troubleshoot My Route - LA to Miami...

First off, thanks for the wealth of great contributions on the site...they've made my planning much easier!

I've got 23days to drive from LA to Miami (mostly avoiding interstate) with the new missus (honeymoon) and this is what we've planned so far. There are some long days (nothing over 500miles) some short ones and obviously some with no travelling at all. We're leaving on the 5th August....and I was hoping for some feedback from those that have tried similar routes and also to find out if there are any reasonable diversions we absolutely shouldn't miss.

LA - Las Vegas (via death valley)
    Las Vegas AZ - Grand Canyon South AZ (tusayan)
    Tusayan AZ - Moab UT
    Moab UT - Taos NM
    Taos NM - Santa Fe NM
    Santa Fe NM - Pecos TX
    Pecos TX - Austin TX
    Austin TX - Lafayette LA
    Lafayette LA - New Orleans LA
    New Orleans LA - Eufala GA
    Eufala GA - Savannah GA
    Savannah GA - Miami FL.

South of England.

Default Between the dots.

Hello, congratulations and welcome to the RTA forums !

Your general route is fine and you have a nice amount of time to do some exploring along the way with only about a third of your time dedicated to driving. [assuming a 10 hour day]

Pecos to Austin is about a 675 mile drive, but I presume you will do an overnight stop on the way. Basically, you have done a good job, so I would continue with your research and break it down a little to see what it is between A and B that appeals to you, as there are literally thousands of options possible that are a "reasonable diversion" away. Of course with it being a Honeymoon you don't want it to feel to rushed and need to get the balance right. A couple of examples in the Southwest are; from the Grand canyon to Moab [home to Arches NP and Canyonlands] is Monument valley, but you could also head North through Page and visit some of Southern Utah's parks such as Zion ad Bryce canyon and then head along Utah scenic byway 12 to Torrey and then to Capitol Reef but that would add a couple of days. Add a day between Moab and Taos and you could head through Castle valley to Interstate 70 and Fruita near Grand junction and drive around the Colorado NM rim before heading down US 50 to Montrose [Black canyon of the Gunnison] and 550 down the awesome "Million dollar highway" through the old mountain towns of Ouray and Silverton to Durango and finish up soaking in a hot spring at Pagosa springs !

The trouble is time slips away quite quickly, so keep looking around the RTA pages with a good map to hand and as you fill in the gaps and new questions come up, just ask.

Enjoy the planning, it's all part of the fun !