Default Planning road trip from Sioux Falls to Chicago through Omaha from Argentina

I'm planning a road trip this summer 2010 from Sioux Falls to Chicago through Omaha, Des Moines and Moline from Argentina.
    I've found your site very helpfull.
    We are a group of 24 argentinians farmers and we are visiting local farmers and Universities. We'll rent 4 minivans at Hertz.
    I am looking for touristic advices, things or places to visit or see while we are on the road.
    Thanks to you all

Tucson, AZ

Default Field Trip!

Bienvenido al bordo RoadTrip América foros! Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

I've been on many such institutional field trips as a geologist, so let's see what's available to you that would be of interest to your group. First, you can use the Loess Hills Scenic Byway to get a better understanding of the processes that created the great mid-western farmlands. This would also be a good excuse to stop for some great ice cream. Near the southern end of the byway, where you would be getting on I-80, is the Allis Chalmers Tractor and Farm Museum. Just east of Des Moines is a fun stop, Trainland, USA. Just north of I-80 between Des Moines and Moline are the Amana Colonies. And if you stay on I-80 through Illinois on your way to Chicago, you can just take a nice break at Matthiessen State Park on the Illinois River.