1. Default chicago and surounding areas

Hi there i am a new member and i was wondering if any one can help, i am planning a trip for two adults (one elderly) and two boys one 15 one 13 we would like to base or start out in chicago and travel out, not sure where to go but i have already done the route 66 bit down to st louis before and was looking for good things for the kids to do and see any surgestions on a good trip i have about ten days to fill in end of july early august
    many thanks bergbit

Green County, Wisconsin

Default too many options

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

We certainly will do our best to provide you information to plan your own trip, but its really difficult to provide much help until you have a better idea of what it is that you would like to do yourself.

With 10 days from Chicago, you've got really countless options. With that timeframe, you could easily travel 1000 miles in any direction, and even push out to 1500 on the extremes. That sort of range pretty much covers anything on the east coast - although South Florida would be pushing it. The Gulf Coast/Texas area is a possibility, and so is going west to Colorado or the Badlands/Black Hills of South Dakota. On the extremes, you could possibly even look at Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon - but those areas would require you to be spending more time on the road than you would at your destination. And of course, you could certainly do things anything of a shorter distance - like circling a Great Lake or two or exploring the Smokey Mountains or touring the Ozarks.

Even those ideas just touch the tip of the iceburg.

Once you've got a better idea of where you'd like to go, based on your interests and travel styles, we can be of more help to assist you in putting the pieces together.