1. Default Montreal - Pennsylvania - Montreal

Hello there!

I am new here, and english is not my first language, so I am sorry if I make any english mistakes. I am travelling to Montreal in the end of August, to visit a cousin who lives there, and because I will be visiting him with my parents, we would like to do a road trip. Neither of us know the East of Unitade States aside NY city, and we think it's a great opportunity to experience something new. We plan on renting a car in Montreal and from there visit New Englan in general, starting with Maine and going down, passing New Hampshire and Massachusets untill Pennsylvania and then go back to Montreal. We would love to visit the not so touristic places, and see beautiful towns and sites that aren't so popular. We would like to go to some beautiful place in Maine, maybe Portland and some other charming little town, We don't have info about hotels, B&B, restaurants, must sees or maps. We would like to know charming small towns, maybe part of the Amish Pennsylvania, and just generally see the not so touristic but incredibly beautiful part of America. We have 14 days to do this, starting on the 1st September and the only large city we would like to visit is Boston, MA. Do you think this is a good ideia?? I could use some help on planning and tips & info in general.

Thank you, Luna.

Tucson, AZ

Default Ideas, Ideas, Ideas

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Not surprisingly, each of the areas you would like to visit has been covered in some detail before, so let me point you to a few discussions that might be of use to you. For some descriptions of off-beat and off-the-beaten-path sites in New England, read through the various posts here, and then check out two discussions of the possibilities between roughly Philadelphia and Montréal here and here. If you still have questions after reading through those, I'll be glad to try to be of more help.