Default Chicago to Wyoming, Montana, Dakotas...out West for 3 weeks. (Early July)

Hi all! I'm new to the board but not really new to road tripping (pent time driving/camping Australia). Anyway, I am leaving Chicago the week after July 4 and heading out west to see some of the national parks and some sites along the way. Since I quit my job to go traveling, I am doing the trip on the cheap and plan on camping as much as possible. I've got the tent, cooking gear, national park pass and car to make it happen. Was hoping to find 1 or maybe 2 (if you don't mind a squeeze) people to come along, share the driving, gas and fun! I plan on traveling to the end of July, and then I have to be in Knoxville. I'm driving there too if you want to come along for the ride! I'm a 28 year old non-smoking female who likes road biking (i'll be bringing mine with me), hiking and the outdoors.

Also, if you're interested, I'll be driving from Austin to Chicago via Colorado in about a week.

Thanks!
    ~Margaret

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

Good luck on your search for a travel partner. It sounds like your up for a great adventure.

Default Road Trip - still need a travel buddy?

Hi Margaret -

I am interested in a trip out West & would love to join the trip if you are still looking for a travel companion!
    Unfortuantely, I will only have 14 days to travel, but I could head West & fly back from somewhere to avoid tight timing.

I am a 27 year old female, working in advertising now, but heading back to grad school in Aug. Just found out that I have 10 PTO days to kill before Aug 15, hence the roadtrip interest! I also own a road bike, but haven't gotten into it much yet - no time better than now to start! I am an avid hiker & camper, we recently did a SW trip through Grand, Bryce & Zion canyons, and a rock climber for a bout a year now.

I was planning to set out on my own adventure, but would love to travel with someone, if you are already on the same path as I was thinking. No set plans were developed yet, but cheap, outdoors, camping and National Parks was definitaley the route I was headed.

Let me know if you want to catch up & discuss, and if you are still interested.
    Hopefully the first leg of your trip is going well!!

Thanks!

Tori

I'm doing much the smae trip and leaving about July 15